Interactive Brokers has an "Abandonment" Period of 45 days (90 for IRAs). If an account remains empty and unfunded for 45 days (90 for IRA) it will enter an abandonment period, and IB will automatically close the account. You may reopen and fund an abandoned account up to one year after they’re closed. That process usually takes about 2-3 days.
Articles in this section
- Can I Use A P.O. Box Or APO/FPO/DPO As My Address?
- How Long After I Fund My Personal Portfolio Will MFWM Begin Trading On My Behalf?
- What Is The Interactive Brokers Secure Login Device?
- If Cash Is Held In My Account, Will It Gain Interest?
- Can I Transfer Part Of An Existing Account Or Multiple Accounts To A Personal Portfolio?
- How Long Do I Have To Fund An Account?
- Does MFWM Have Tax-Efficient Portfolios?
- What Sort Of Tax Implications Can I Expect From My Personal Portfolio?
- Can I Restrict Trading Or Block Specific Securities?
- What Will Happen When I Transfer Securities Into A Personal Portfolio?